The Quality Engineer is required to work with all departments on the development of new products in order to meet customer and IATF16949/governmental requirements. This includes all quality related aspects of PPAP, pre-production and on-going product development.
The Quality Engineer works on Advanced Product Quality Planning, scorecards and with cross-functional teams on the development of new and existing components to meet critical customer deadlines. Implements new procedures and processes in pre-production stages of product launches in compliance with customer specific requirements. Coordinates, prepares and implements new program fixture builds including cost, design, timing and quality to meet customer, and company standards. Develops and maintains Control Plan documentation and procedures and actively participates in the development of PFMEA’s. Performs statistical studies, reports data and communicates to shop floor for customer problem resolution and continuous improvement. Plans and prepares PPAP submissions on new products and engineering changes to meet customer deadlines and customer specific requirements.
1) Follow and enforce all plant safety rules and policies.
2) Understand and promote company philosophies.
3) Administer timely resolution of customer complaints.
4) Accountable for APQP, especially deliverables as per program requirements
5) Accountable for PPAP requirements (including appearance submission) to the specific customer ensuring specified requirements are met and maintained for subsequent configuration
6) Accountable for analyzing statistical data, especially for continuous improvement and/or corrective action initiatives
7) Accountable for setting internal boundary samples on attributes and where applicable obtaining Customer sign off
8) Accountable for product related quality issues on assigned commodity parts for specific customers
9) Accountable for validation review with approved Lab on all metrics, especially during APQP and Eng. changes.
10) Extensive contact with Customer and internal team group members is required (technical, quality and manufacturing disciplines). In addition a close working relationship with all levels of the plant organization is required
11) Coordinates the Company’s problem solving activities and responds to externally and internally generated non-conformances. This includes the disposition of suspected material, analyzing non-conformances, investigating causes and initiating team meetings to implement corrective actions and to prevent non-conformances
12) Accountable for maintenance, accuracy and completeness of customer concerns
13) Team member involved in updates and maintenance of D/PFMEA and control plans and RPN glide path reductions on PFMEA with assistance from the rest of the multi-disciplined team members
14) Train members of operations team in specific quality disciplines as required
15) Participates in quality systems audits with customer and external auditors as required
16) Promotes good housekeeping (5S)
17) Perform other duties as require
- Must be proficient in computer operations.
- Must exhibit high integrity and honesty.
- Ability to read, write, analyze, and interpret internal procedures, documents and processes, internal and customer requirements, flow diagrams, and business correspondences.
- Ability to effectively and appropriately present information and respond to questions from various groups.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Must be able to work well individually or in a team environment, effectively interacting with all levels of the organization.
- Project management skills to work on several projects at once, driving each to completion.
- Ability to view all aspects of the system, seeing how each aspect interrelates within the organization
- Must have good organizational skills.
- AIAG/Core Tools, etc.
- Bachelors in Engineering
- PPAP, APQP, KAIZEN ,LEAN Manufacturing
- Knowledge and understanding of the Automotive Industry requirements