Top Gun Staffing Inc. is looking for an experienced Software Architect to make intuitive high-level decisions for software development. You will see the “big picture” and create architectural approaches for software design and implementation to guide the development team.
Previous Automotive Manufacturing experience is a plus.
Pay is based on experience
- Collaborate with other professionals to determine functional and non-functional requirements for new software or applications
- Use tools and methodologies to create representations for functions and user interfaces of desired product
- Develop high-level product specifications with attention to system integration and feasibility
- Define all aspects of development from appropriate technology and workflow to coding standards
- Communicate successfully all concepts and guidelines to development team
- Oversee progress of development team to ensure consistency with initial design
- Provide technical guidance and coaching to developers and engineers
- Ensure software meets all requirements of quality, security, modifiability, extensibility etc.
- Approve final product before launch
Requirements and skills
- 2+ years of Software Architect work experience
- Understanding of embedded device programming
- Experience with software development tools and processes including DOORS, Jazz Suite, JIRA, Confluence, SVN, Git, ASPICE.
- 8+ years of experience in software development and coding in various languages (C or C++)
- Excellent knowledge of software and application design and architecture
- Excellent knowledge of UML and other modeling methods
- Understanding of software quality assurance principles
- Familiar with automotive safety requirements.
- A technical mindset with great attention to detail
- High-quality organizational and leadership skills
- Outstanding communication and presentation abilities
- MSc/MA in computer science, engineering or relevant field