Our client is a large foundry operation (500 people), and they need a dynamic, career-oriented leader to be their Tooling Manager. You will have 6 direct reports including Supervisors and engineers and 70 team members indirectly reporting. This is an excellent company, which produces critical infrastructure for heavy industry, defense, aerospace, and energy generation.
The Tooling Manager will oversee Pattern Shop operations including scheduling and training of department personnel.
What you will be doing:
- Supervise, plan and coordinate Pattern Shop operations to maintain production schedules and quality and cost standards and maximize efficiency.
- Ensure quality of work efficient material and workflow, proper use and care of equipment and machines, and proper application of production methods.
- Select and training employees in Pattern Shop operations.
- Evaluate work performance and coach and counsel employees to maintain safe and efficient work performance.
- Follow samples through each manufacturing step, making process adjustments as necessary.
- Work with and maintain all tooling moving into and out of the plant to outside services.
- Maintain adequate supply of raw materials, production supplies, and tools to support continuous operations.
- Management of the Iron Casting Foundry
- Provide vision, direction, and support to foundry staff in meeting safety, quality, productivity, delivery, and lean objectives.
- Ensure foundry personnel have the tools, training, and environment they need to work safely and efficiently to produce high quality cast parts.
- Work closely with sales, engineering, metallurgy, and manufacturing support departments to develop and improve processes and ensure equipment safety and availability in support of Company objectives and customer interests.
- Provide direction and support to Plant Engineering and Maintenance on capital projects and equipment issues.
- Develop department staff for growth into future opportunities.
- Develop and oversee adherence to department budgets.
What they are looking for:
- BS Engineering is preferred but strong experience will make up for it.
- 10 years of progressive growth in supervision with a minimum of 5 years management experience in a foundry environment.
- Strong communications and leadership skills are necessary.
- Background in manufacturing methods engineering, business management, Budgeting, and lean/Six Sigma is highly desirable.
- Must be U.S. citizen because of government contracts.
- Competitive salary and bonus program
- Health, dental, vision, disability & life insurance
- Paid holidays and vacation
- Educational benefits
- 401(k) Match
- Profit sharing
- Employee assistance program