Conducts research and development investigations to develop and test new fabrication processes and procedures, improve existing or develop new welding equipment, develop new or modify current welding methods, techniques, and procedures • Prepares technical reports as result of research and development and preventive maintenance investigations. • Establishes welding procedures to guide production and welding personnel relating to specification restrictions, material processes, pre- and post-heating requirements which involve use of complex alloys, unusual fabrication methods, welding of critical joints, and complex post heating requirements. • Evaluates new developments in welding field for possible application to current welding problems or production processes.
Qualifications and Skills • Bachelors’ Degree in Welding Engineering
• 3 years + Experience • Quoting/Concept Experience
• Experience with AutoCAD for 2d Layouts
Familiar with MIG and resistance weld standards, process parameters operations of metal materials
• Experience in the automotive Tier I or II Quality field •
• Coordinate and supervise activities of welding technicians • Set and validate parameters on Semiautomatic, Automatic, and Robot Welding equipment for GMAW, GTAW, and RSW.
• Tool Setup and adjustment experience • Supervise the programming maintenance, and enhancement of welding paths on Fanuc and Yaskawa robots and positioners.
• Support RFQ’s for new welding equipment, machine runoff and machine acceptance. • Supervise and participate in weld training activities as needed.
• Trouble shoot production Welding Equipment • Maintain Documents for Weld Standardization and WPS
• Coordinate PM and Repairs on welding equipment • Coordinate PM and Maintenance of Calibration of Welding Robot Systems • Implement welding related cost saving within the plant.
• Perform Welding audit
• Direct and support activities to ensure plant welding meets all customer and welding standards and requirements. • Support activities to reduce welding scrap in the plant.
• Support design engineering on new programs for design for manufacturing
Job Knowledge / Skills / Qualifications: • Thorough familiarity with the GMAW, GTAW, and RSW processes and equipment. • Knowledge of Metallurgy
• May consider 2-year technical degree and 5 years of robot programming and welding engineering experience. • Must be able to pass the weld training program for both GMAW and GTAW