- Industrial Automation (required experience)
- PLC (required experience)
Other Sills required
- Computer Savvy (excellent MS Office or equivalent skills)
- Experience working in a diverse environment.
- Solid written and oral communication skills
- Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s).
- Math literacy: Project managers work with cost management, budgeting, and project statistics, so they must be very comfortable with math
- Required to have driving license, with clean driving record.
Manage Automation (Automated machining lines & machine tending applications)
Take responsibility of the project through the various phases of design, manufacturing, build and integration milestones
for Powertrain Automation systems. The Project Manager will be responsible for managing projects within budget and project’s timeline.
Project Manager must have the following skills/experience:
- Ability to resolve issues and manage tasks to completion.
- Ability to identify and manage areas of risk in the customer’s documentation/specifications, proposals & contract documents.
- Good AutoCAD experience with ability to use 3D viewers to review and understand designs.
- Managing projects within budget and time constraints.
- Strong negotiating skills.
- Ability to balance competing interests such as, customer accountability and corporate goals.
- Proficient in MS Word, Office, Excel & Project
- Ability to check and understand mechanical drawings and recognize sound mechanical design.
- (3) years Mechanical Engineer experience.
- (2) additional years Project Management experience.
- Strong work ethic (50-hour weeks)
- Intermittent travel to customers’ sites
- Types of Automation Platforms experience ideally will include exposure to: Cartesian Gantry systems, Articulating Robotic & Robot rail systems, various conveyors and part conveying systems, orientation ,inspection devices, Pneumatic & Servo Pick & Places devices.
- Types of Automation Technologies experience should include CNC Machine Load/Unload, Fastening, Marking, Testing & Vision.
- Ability to Lead and work closely with Mechanical Engineers, Controls Engineers, Electricians and technicians during all project phases.
- Ability to concept, write, and quote after sales change order requests (OCR).
- Ability to assist with the writing/review of machine manuals.
- Ability to write periodic customer & corporate reports.
- Ability to Lead Debug, Run-off, Installation, training, and startup efforts at customer’s site
- Additional Skills: Experience working with Global teams will be considered a Plus.
Bachelor/Master of Science Degree in Mechanical Engineering Technology, Mechanical/ Electrical Engineering.