The ideal candidate will have substantial exposure to accounts payable, monthly closing processes, forecasting and budgeting, and customer billing. They will be organized and approach each issue with an analytical mindset.
Scope of the position:
The person is responsible for the processing of accounts payable transactions, maintaining the AP sub-ledger, and processing payments to division suppliers. This position also provides service in support of internal inquiries and vendor communications. It will assist in month end reporting and work on special projects/assignments as needed.
- Ensure business transactions are reported in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles
- Work closely with team members to assist with the month-end close
- Assist with the annual audit process including the draft of the financial statements and related notes
- Research and analyze expense variances for company management
- Inventory experience
- Presenting financials to the President
- 3+ years’ of professional accounting experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or Economics or equivalent experience
- Manufacturing experience is required, prefer 5 years
- Large ERP experience and strong excel skills
- CPA preferred
- Demonstrate a maturity of judgement, leadership skills, attention to detail and exceptional organizational, listening, communication and presentation skills in all aspects of the job function.
Under the general direction of the Controller, the Senior Accountant works independently and confers regularly with inside and outside contacts to ensure successful implementation of job responsibilities.
Overtime may be required to meet position expectations.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $77,000.00 – $80,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: One location