Top Gun is seeking a Quality Engineer in the greater Louisville area area!
A Quality Engineer works in manufacturing fields, particularly the automotive industry, and helps to design new or updated production processes through the analysis of data. As a dimensional engineer, your primary responsibilities include designing components for the assembly process to increase productivity and safety. Your daily duties may involve analyzing data, identifying problems in the manufacturing process, and documenting case studies. You may also perform statistical reporting and use simulation tools for planning.
Responsibilities and Requirements:
- Post-secondary graduate with a degree/diploma in Quality Engineering and/or a technical degree or equivalent work-related experience in the Quality field.
- At least 5 years in an automotive manufacturing environment with knowledge in welding and assembly processes.
- Computer and CAD proficiency.
- Ability to program PC-DMIS and PolyWorks.
- Ability to program CM4D.
- Ability to analyze data and prepare relevant reports.
- Prior experience implementing IATF 16949 procedures, APQP, PPAP submissions, GD&T, Flow Diagrams, FMEA’s , Control Plans, Statistics, Fixture Development and independent work with tooling subcontractors.
- Demonstrated ability to use basic measurement tools (height gauge, vernier, micrometer, bore gauge, indicator, etc.).
- Demonstrated ability to conduct root cause analysis using various problem-solving techniques including Drill Deep, 8D, 5 Phase.
- Advanced Knowledge of customer and ISO9001:2015 / IATF16949: 2016 requirements.
- Knowledge of B.I.W. part to part build up process.
- Experience with destruct testing, measurement, and metrology methods of inspection.
- Advanced knowledge of CMM and Scan reporting structures and analysis.
- Basic stamping knowledge regarding B.I.W. components with understanding of how built into assembly.
- Experience managing suppliers and related supplier issues.
- Ability to manage multiple projects.
- Strong communication skills.
- Good organizational, interpersonal and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to coordinate and facilitate cross-functional team meetings.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Demonstrates urgency and the ability to work to meet deadlines and multiple demands.
- Ability to uphold confidentiality.
- Demonstrates the ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Ability to travel and work overtime on short notice to meet customer and plant needs.
- Experience with software such as CAD, Solidworks, PolyWorks, MasterCAM, or similar.
- 5 years minimum in a manufacturing environment, automotive preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related field.
- Experienced with CMM, GD&T, 8D, control plans, PFMEA, PPAP, APQP, TS16949, ISO 9001, and ISO 14001
- Practical knowledge of OSHA and 5S standards.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $90,000.00 – $100,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- ISO 9001: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location