Top Gun Staffing Inc is working with a Tier One Automotive Manufacturer in the Greater Lansing area to fill a full time Direct Hire Assembly Maintenance Tech position.
2nd and 3rd Shift Open.
Paying $26.50 – $33.00 an hour
Conducts machine setup, troubleshooting, repairs and preventive maintenance service.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Follow Standardized Work Instructions.
- Robots, changing of weld shunts, tips, weld guns, and cylinder repair rebuilding.
- Changing of transformers, firing panels.
- Manlifts, ladders, roof work and outside work.
- Must follow all OSHA and plant safety rules including, lock-out tag-out, etc.
- Supports the teams in operational improvement.
- Develops Initial Standard Work Practices with the teams.
- Provides emergency/unscheduled repairs of production equipment during production, and performs scheduled
- maintenance and repairs of production equipment during machine service.
- Prepares and sets up machinery for scheduled production runs.
- Performs mechanical skills including, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic
- Troubleshooting and repair of production machines.
- Reads and interprets equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service.
- Any other duties deemed necessary or appropriate.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- HS diploma/GED + advanced technical training in electrical, mechanical, pneumatics, hydraulics, and PLCs.
- Prefer USDOL Journeyman’s certificate or equivalent work experience or skills training.
- 5 years previous employment in a manufacturing environment – automotive preferred.
- Prefer experience working with Fanuc robotics welders.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Problem Solving – Recognize and solve the malfunctioning of the machine and recognize and solve quality problems of welded assembly parts.
- Basic electrical, dc and ac voltage; will be changing prox cords and prox switches.
- Basic welding arc, mig, tig, and spot.
- Basic plumbing cooling water for welding
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS OF THE POSITION
- Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to
- handle, manipulate, or feel objects, tools or controls, reach with hands and arms, climb stairs, talk and hear
- Employee must occasionally lift or move up to 50 pounds
- While performing the duties of the job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
- The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences
- The ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking so other will understand