Job Summary: The Assistant Controller will be responsible for assisting the Controller in managing the financial activities of the automotive seat manufacturing division. This position will support financial planning, analysis, and reporting functions, ensuring accurate and timely financial data to facilitate decision-making and business growth. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in financial management, excellent analytical skills, and a thorough understanding of accounting principles specific to manufacturing industries.
Financial Reporting and Analysis:
- Assist in the preparation of monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements, including profit and loss statements, balance sheets, and cash flow statements.
- Analyze financial data, identify trends, and present insightful reports to support strategic decision-making.
Cost Analysis and Budgeting:
- Collaborate with various departments to analyze cost structures, identifying areas for improvement and cost-saving opportunities.
- Support the annual budgeting and forecasting processes, providing accurate financial data and assisting in variance analysis.
- Monitor and manage inventory levels, ensuring accuracy and compliance with accounting principles.
- Coordinate with production and supply chain teams to optimize inventory turnover and minimize obsolete stock.
Internal Controls and Compliance:
- Ensure compliance with company policies, accounting standards, and relevant regulations.
- Assist in the development and implementation of internal control procedures to safeguard company assets and prevent fraud.
Financial Systems and Process Improvement:
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of financial systems and processes to enhance efficiency and accuracy.
- Identify opportunities for automation and streamline financial reporting processes.
Financial Planning and Decision Support:
- Assist in financial modeling and scenario analysis to support strategic initiatives and investment decisions.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to assess the financial impact of new projects and product development.
- Work closely with external auditors during financial audits, ensuring timely and accurate provision of requested information.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or a related field. A Master’s degree or CPA certification is a plus.
- Proven experience (typically 4+ years) in financial management, accounting, or auditing, preferably within the manufacturing industry.
- Strong knowledge of accounting principles, financial reporting, and budgeting.
- Proficiency in financial analysis, cost accounting, and variance analysis.
- Familiarity with ERP systems and advanced proficiency in MS Excel.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, with meticulous attention to detail.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment and communicate effectively with stakeholders at all levels.
- High level of integrity, ethics, and commitment to maintaining confidentiality.
- Strong organizational skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines effectively.