We are looking for a responsible and detail-oriented Assistant Controller to work under the direction of the Plant Controller and provide leadership and guidance to the finance team. This role will assist with all aspects of finance for the facility; Analyze any financial impacts, prepare and monitor budgeting, AP/AR, reconciling accounts, implement cost saving initiatives, and assist in improving overall profitability. You must be able to work independently and with the highest levels of integrity.
A successful Assistant Controller should have exceptional accounting skills and knowledge of relevant manufacturing industry regulations. The ideal candidate will also be well-organized and have excellent management skills.
- Participate in daily meetings and walk the production floor regularly to fully understand the production process and how it links to financial statements.
- Work hand in hand with departments and Engineering teams to create and maintain BOMs.
- Assisting with the development and evaluation of budgets and preparing budget reports.
- Supporting the formulation and implementation of control systems within the organization.
- Overseeing accounts payable, accounts receivable, and payroll, identifying discrepancies, and reconciling accounts.
- Supporting and educating managers on their financial impact within the facility and hold them accountable to budgeting.
- Focus on cost saving initiatives, identify process inefficiencies, improve inventory management and reduce scrap, and support the culture of continuous improvement.
- Ensuring strict compliance with company and regulatory standards.
- Preparing and assisting with audits.
- Degree in accounting, finance, or in a related field.
- At least 5 years of experience as an accountant, assistant controller, or similar role in automotive manufacturing.
- Experience working in an AS400 environment
- Excellent understanding of GAAP and relevant financial accounting regulations.
- Strong computer skills and knowledge of accounting software programs and SAP
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong supervisory and management skills.