The Assistant Maintenance Manager will provide technical expertise and leadership to all applicable areas of the division. The Assistant Maintenance Manager is responsible for achieving the goals and objectives of the maintenance department, and providing direct leadership to the Facilities Maintenance Team, Maintenance Planner, Team Leads, Weld-Techs, Toolmakers & Apprentices.
This position will have a direct impact on plant KPI’s and requires an accomplished yet dynamic skillset.
This will be a rotating off shift position: M-F 2 weeks (11am – 8pm) and 2 weeks (9pm – 6am)
Must be willing to work OT on weekends as needed.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Provide technical expertise to division personnel to support existing and new customer programs.
• Lead all root cause investigations and implementation of countermeasures related to equipment availability and part quality
• Participate in APQP/CPMP processes relating to the design of weld assembly work cells and tooling, make recommendations as required.
• Evaluate processes/equipment and make continuous improvement recommendations to improve availability and overall throughput.
• Maintain department KPI’s and action plans to achieve department & plant goals.
• Develop, and implement a training program for skilled trades and assigned personnel in robotic and hand; Projection, Spot and GMAW welding techniques and procedures and in the troubleshooting and repair of robotic and manual welding equipment.
Required Skills and Experience
• Minimum 5-7 years’ experience in an automotive manufacturing environment including welding and/or assembly.
• Extensive knowledge of automotive welding (familiarity with; Fanuc, Bosch, Fronius, WTC, Lincoln, Tregaskis, Milco, DCMF) and fabrication processes (RSW, GMAW, GMAB, Projection welding)
• Familiar with Advanced Product Quality Planning methods
• Familiarity with Engineering and Quality practices and procedures including PPAP, blueprint reading, GD&T, use of measuring instruments, checking aids/fixtures, mechanical testing, etc.
• Experience/knowledge in robotic programming for welding processes (Fanuc programming an asset)
• Familiarity with electrical, hydraulic and pneumatic equipment
• Experience with PM planning and CMMS software (EMaint preferred)
• Knowledge of AWS and RWMA standards Additional Information
The Assistant Maintenance Manager works in an office environment but may be exposed to some elements such as temperature and noise during time spent in the plant.