The Buyer assists in developing, maintaining and investigating potential new suppliers as well as current suppliers for new and existing programs. The Buyer will create material requisitions, purchase orders, request for quotations and assist/work with various departments within the division to ensure all production requirements are met. The Buyer assists in the process of sourcing raw material, components, and services from suppliers based upon best overall value.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Manage customer steel resale programs, contract management, billing summary, and dispute resolution
• Maintain Quarterly pricing updates for CRU pricing material
• Maintain the ERP system to be accurate all times relating to parts, suppliers, and pricing.
• Expedite/follow up on requirements as necessary
• Monitor supplier performance for delivery, quality and commercial on a monthly basis
• Perform analysis on material and pricing as needed
• Actively participate in review meetings to ensure the successful launch of new products, processes and tools as required
• Filing of all production purchase orders
• Issuing production related purchase orders
• Maintain supplier capacity information and update quarterly
• Reconcile variances between purchase orders and invoices as related to production suppliers
Required Education, Skills and Experience
• College/University degree in Purchasing, Materials or Business discipline and/or equivalent work experience
• 3 years of experience in Purchasing/Materials Management related field, preferably in a manufacturing environment
• Ability to prepare, read and interpret written reports, correspondence, instructions, procedures and guidelines
• Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from management, employees, suppliers and customers
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Products Additional Information
• Able to manage and schedule multiple priorities and meet deadlines and able to work flexible hours and overtime.
The Buyer works in an office environment but may be exposed to some elements such as temperature and noise during time spent in the plant.