The Industrial Engineer is responsible for managing and coordinating all process documentation for current and new programs. Position offers advice and creates plans based on analysis of issues and trends linking them to responsibilities, capabilities and potential of organization and people.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Supports plant by recommending productivity and systems improvements.
• Supports Manager and Supervisor in program establishment and follows-up all program stages (timing, concept, feasibility, design, construction, try-out, launch, final buy-off, prototype programs, engineering changes, program packaging requirements including unit load manuals).
• Prepares reports, charts and other documentation required for engineering records and projects.
• Prepares drawings and material specifications as required by customers, vendors or other departments.
• Must be able to apply standard industrial engineering practices.
• Must be capable of assisting in handling projects from inception to completion under the direction of Materials Manager.
• Assists conducting method analysis and improvements to work station design including recommendations to replace equipment.
Required Skills and Experience
• Engineering Degree/Diploma or Equivalent.
• Minimum 5 years in automotive Industry in Mechanical Engineering or similar field.
• Excellent analytical and mathematical skills.
• Good drafting and organization skills.
• Good Knowledge of GD&T.
• Good knowledge of 3D CAD Design.
• Knowledge of TS16949/QS9000, ISO-14001, WHMIS, APQP procedures, Quality Engineering, Supplier Management, Blueprint Reading, Advanced Measuring Techniques, Microsoft Office programs.
• Knowledge of QFD, Design for Manufacturing, VE/VA, DOE, DFMEA/PFMEA, Floor Plans, Process Flow Diagrams, Control Plans, Quoting Procedures.
Under the general direction of the Engineering Manager, the Industrial Engineer works independently and confers regularly with inside and outside contacts to ensure successful implementation of programs & projects.
Travel may be required with occasional overnight accommodation at various locations.
Works in an office environment but may be exposed to elements such as temperature and noise during time spent in the plant or at customer or supplier facilities.
Overtime may be required to meet project/program deadlines.
Ability to obtain and retain a valid passport is required.