Assistant Materials & Logistics Manager
We are looking for a Materials and Logistics Assistant Manager to join a successful team in the automotive manufacturing industry. In this position, you will be responsible for inbound/outbound shipment and inventory for both raw materials and finished goods.
The successful candidate must demonstrate strong attention to detail in order to oversee daily operations and logistics employees. In addition to having excellent organizational skills, you should also possess in-depth knowledge of logistics and inventory systems.
- Accountable for safety, talent, delivery, inventory accuracy, order fulfillment and cost performance.
- Ensure accuracy in CMS.
- Planning, design, optimization, and evaluation of existing and future processes as well as their operational implementation in the areas of material control, warehousing and material planning or production supply according to the guidelines of lean management.
- Work closely with Production to ensure production schedules are maintained.
- Monitor schedule accuracy for customer shipments and report or adjust for any risk of shortage.
- Develops continuous improvement action plans to evolving customer needs.
- Maintain area to ensure your area will pass audits at any and all times.
- Lead/collaborate with cross-functional groups to understand opportunities and facilitate resolutions within other groups.
- Consistently applies and executes policies and organizational standards.
- Organizes material flow and inventory to reach production targets and process goals.
- Coach and develop team leaders and members while holding actions accountable.
- Manages performance reviews and time keeping for area managed.
- College degree preferred but not required
- Must have proven leadership in PC&L function within automotive manufacturing
- Proficient in ERP and MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook)