This is an excellent opportunity to join a growing group and company and get involved in a variety of environmental projects for a diverse range of clients. This position entails travel to job sites and working outside of the office setting some of the time conducting site and subsurface characterization for environmental and geotechnical projects and/or monitoring contractor’s geotechnical and environmental-related activities during construction.
• Understand client needs and can develop strong client relationships.
• Work collaboratively with multi-disciplinary project teams.
• Partner with and support Project Managers on all aspects the project to address client goals and objectives.
• Partner with and support Project Managers to address client goals and objectives.
• Assist with the development of technical scopes of work and cost estimating for proposal efforts on small- to medium- sized project opportunities.
• Plan and direct geotechnical field observation and testing programs.
• Conduct geotechnical analyses and prepare geotechnical recommendations for review
• Prepare drafts of project deliverables including reports, plans and specifications
• Execute tasks to meet technical, quality, budgetary and scheduling requirements.
• Demonstrate very strong verbal communications and written skills including client deliverables.
• Demonstrate strong coaching and mentoring skills to more junior level staff.
• Observe and document field investigations and/or foundation and earthwork-related construction and remediation activities, on an as-needed basis.
• Minimum of a Master’s degree in Civil Engineering/Geotechnical Engineering
• Minimum of 3 years of related geotechnical engineering experience
• Professional registration (EIT, PE) strongly preferred.
• Experience in planning and directing geotechnical field observation and testing programs.
• Experience with preparing recommendations for various foundation systems, including driven piles, drilled piers, mat foundations, micropiles, and spread footings, and evaluating seismic hazards including liquefaction.
• Experience with deep excavations, shoring and underpinning, mass grading, dewatering, slope stability, retaining wall design and ground improvements techniques.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Must comply with the Guiding Principles and Code of Behavior articulated in our Company Charter.
• Must comply with company and client Health & Safety protocols.
• OSHA 40-hr. HAZWOPER training preferred but not required.
• Strong computer literacy skills including proficiency in industry standard software.
• Positive attitude, strong work ethic, flexibility, and willingness to work in teams
• Strong organization skills and exceptional attention to detail is expected.