Job Summary: Utilize CMM to check parts to ensure they meet GD&T and customer requirements.
Required Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and/or equivalent experience
- Excellent communication, time management, organizational, problem solving, and decision-making skills
- Must be self-motivated, detail oriented, and able to improvise and adapt to new or unorthodox situations
- Must have excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) and DataPage+
- Training in PolyWorks, GD&T, PC-DMIS, Caligo, Advanced GD&T, ASQ CQT, Core Tools, and blueprint reading
- Must have a good knowledge of the English language
- Knowledge of Customer Specific Requirements
- Knowledge of ISO 9001/IATF 16949
- Assist in auditing the quality system
- Attend launch quality meetings to track the introduction of new product
- Troubleshoot for production line if there are issues with a certain part
- Perform programming of CMM
- Ensure that for each new part launch, the Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) and Control Plans requirements are followed
- Source and track check fixture builds
- Interprets GD&T for CMM data fits
- Utilize CMM to check parts to ensure they meet GD&T and customer requirements
- Transfer of CMM data to PC-DMIS, Caligo, PiWeb, and/or DataPage+
- Report data to engineers for review and analysis
- Re-evaluate parts following engineering adjustments
- Provide support to FARO Arm Technicians as necessary
- Abide by all Company polices including, but not limited to the following: Health and Safety, Quality and Environmental Systems, Human Resources policies, and the Martinrea Employee Handbook
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating, and maintenance instructions and procedures manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before customers or employees of the organization.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of planes and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- 80% CMM Lab, 20% Plant Floor (PPE Required)
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to hear, sit, stand, talk, and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is frequently required to crouch or kneel, pull or push, reach, and lift up to 25 pounds. The employee is occasionally required to drive/travel, walk, and lift up to 50 pounds.