CMM Layout Technician Responsibilities:
- Operate CMM layout machine.
- Determine from reports if the casting meets customer requirements & containment of product “if” out of print limits.
- To be able to relay to production what needs to be adjusted & supply information necessary to aide them.
- To take part in capability studies, IPA’s & PPAP’s as needed.
- Maintenance of CMM machines.
- To be able to use Hard gages & to understand their function.
- Maintenance of SPC & Quality databases.
CMM Layout Technician Essential Knowledge and Skills:
- Ability to understand standards and product specifications.
- Basic Math Skills.
- Understanding of SPC & how to use the software.
- Basic communication.
- Team building.
- Basic computing (MS Office).
- Basic Blue Print reading.
- Knowledge of GD&T.
- Frequently required to stand, walk, climb up and down stairs, lift or move objects up to 25 lbs.
- The ability to use standard measurement and test equipment.