The function of a Draw Thinning Tech is to monitor, maintain & forecast the stability/safety of our Draw Dies in the Die Shop.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Repair metal stamping dies – all types draw, trim, progressive, pierce
- Assist with trouble shooting die performance issues
- Perform preventative maintenance on dies
- Operate crane and forklift
- Maintain cleanliness of Tool & Die department
Essential Skills and Requirements
- Knowledge of various types of steel stamping dies
- Die welding experience (TIG & ARC Welding)
- Experience with hand grinding techniques using all types of grinding equipment
- Must have ability to operate crane and forklift
Education and Work Experience:
- Some knowledge of conventional machining operations preferred
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Associates Degree preferred in Tool and Die trade
- Five years’ experience in Tool and Die field preferred but not required
EQUIPMENT / TOOLS USED
-Mitutoyo Digital Indicators.
-Mitutoyo Digital Calipers.
-Mitutoyo 1mm-25mm Radius Gauges
-GE Ultrasonic Equipment
-Ingersoll Ram Torque Test Equipment
-Miller Plasma Cutter
-Computer / XL & Power Point Software.