We are looking for a dedicated and skilled Buyer to join our Purchasing Team. This is a full-time position that reports to the Supply Chain Manager.
The ideal candidate will have a keen eye for detail and an ownership mindset. Communication skills will help in negotiate effectively and maintain profitable relationships. The goal is to acquire materials and supplies in a timely manner that are critical for the success of our business operations.
Key functions include but are not limited to the purchase of materials and services that support manufacturing, negotiation of price, securing delivery dates that are in line with our customer’s requirements, establishing strong relationships with suppliers, and improving supplier performance.
· Create Purchase Orders and work with Suppliers to obtain optimal delivery commitments
· Request quotes from Suppliers for goods and services
· Locate and select qualified sources that provide the required capabilities and direct business to existing and new Suppliers
· Negotiate best pricing while working to shrink supplier lead times.
· Strengthen the supply base and develop profitable purchasing strategies that result in improved supplier performance and cost savings.
· Manage relationships with key suppliers to maintain quality of goods, timely delivery, and compliance to terms of contracts
· Improve Supplier performance by monitoring cost, quality, and schedule compliance; initiating and implementing appropriate action to resolve problems, mediate conflicts and establish resolution with Suppliers
· Monitor stock levels
· Report on Supplier issues, savings initiatives, and ongoing Purchasing improvement strategies
· Keep updated records
· Travel occasionally to key Supplier locations