Top Gun is working with a large Civil Engineering firm in Maryland looking for Dry Utilities Designers and Design Engineers as the firm is expanding. This company is on a mission to find fantastic talent and the right fit to benefit both parties.
The Dry Utility Designer/Design Engineer is responsible for design associated with utility electric, natural gas, and telecommunication services. The position will work with site civil engineers on major projects within the Baltimore and DC areas and actively coordinate between the design team, clients, and utility providers. The ideal candidate will have superior communication, organizational, and technical skills.
- Plan preparation, specifications and cost estimates
- Preparation of site utility studies, reports, and relocation conflict analysis
- Participate in project or pursuit meetings, including those onsite when necessary
- Create & manage file structures for design working files, deliverables, and reference documents
- Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team environment
- Considered a subject matter expert in the field of utility design, experienced with coordination and construction techniques.
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or exceptional design background in lieu of a degree
- Technical skills in MicroStation
- DOT experience
· Experienced with variety of dry utilities design standards