Position Summary: The role of a Tooling Buyer is to support the building of Tooling and Equipment and ensure the overall productivity of the panel.
II. Essential Job Functions:
A. Coordinate all parts sourcing activity for new programs based on QCDM (Quality, Cost, Delivery, and Management) supplier evaluation.
1. Gather preliminary part level data details, usage, logistics requirements, material specs, and drawings to issue Requests for Quotation (RFQ) in order to make supplier selection.
2. Acquire product information, then break that information down to confirm supplier’s quote of that product.
3. Use physical samples or drawing data, to calculate area, perimeter, usages and required labor of a specific product being quoted.
B. Support pricing, Annual Price Review (APR), and kaizen for assigned commodities to continually reduce costs and ensure successful on-time product launch while accomplishing TBA profitability.
1. Review prior and future year activities and negotiate manufacturing improvement and economic fluctuations with the supplier.
2. Forecast/report material fluctuation based on the market index.
3. Create and maintain cost models for parts, assemblies, and/or raw materials.
4. Conduct Trial Orders/Promise Delivery Date Requests (PDDR) for Pre-production price setting.
5. Maintain current Production/ECI pricing through continuously monitoring the design and communicating/negotiating with the supplier.
C. Responsible for creating an established budget and Tooling Purchase Order issuance to pay suppliers for tooling and non-standard items.
D. Manage commercial issues between suppliers and TBA.
1. Responsible for supplier performance.
2. Manage supply chain issues (Risk management) by coordinating activities with the Supplier and Internal Organization, and develop a plan to ensure production is not impacted.
3. Support new supplier verification with Supplier Preparation & Performance Management Team (SPPT).
E. Develop annual procurement strategy for assigned commodities and present to executive management.
F. Lead and support supplier visits as necessary.
III. Minimum Qualifications/Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Mechanical Engineering, or related field required, or equivalent combination of education and relevant experience.
- CPM (Certified Purchasing Manager) designation is preferred, but not required.
- Greater than four (4) years working in purchasing related field for Tier I or Tier II automotive supplier-related company preferred.
- Basic understanding of the industrial equipment and manufacturing processes relating to plastics, metals, foam, and/or textiles.
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of purchasing, manufacturing, production control, and/or materials management.
- Thorough understanding of company product, trade terminology, and quality management and control systems (e.g., TS-16949) and techniques.
- Ability to read components and assembly blue prints and drawings (including 2D/3D).
- Experience in sourcing component parts or raw materials from drawings.
- Able to work in a fast paced, multicultural work environment.
- Ability to function both independently and with good judgment in a team environment.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks, work efficiently within time constraints and deadlines, and handle stressful situations.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong organization, planning, and analytical skills.
- Ability to communicate and work well with all levels of the organization.
- Ability to clearly and concisely communicate complex information in verbal and written English.
- Previous experience working with integrated computer programs and/or applications. ERP System experience (e.g., Oracle) preferred.
- Solid working knowledge and demonstrated intermediate level experience with Microsoft Office and other computer-based applications (e.g., MS Word, MS Excel, MS Access, MS PowerPoint, Lotus Notes/Outlook, Internet, etc.).
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $80,831.00 – $84,952.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Relocation assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: One location