The Technical Area Leader is responsible for line set up for all launch projects. This includes but is not limited to, writing Job Instructions, labelling of any sort, line validations, Robot programming/ Validation, Material Flow set up, Production Leader/ Operator training, Maintenance Team lead training.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Establishes and maintains effective communications/interaction with all other departments, including but not limited to engineering, quality assurance, material control, maintenance, and human resources support groups in order to achieve established targets.
• Plans and directs the utilization and use of all equipment and manpower to achieve the most effective results.
• Understands, compiles and organizes operational data using that data to implement improvements by working with teams and using lean tools and problem solving methods.
• Coordinates preventative maintenance with Maintenance and Production Planning.
• Coordinates the movement of quarantine material/parts/scrap upon disposition by Quality Assurance.
• Ensures all assembly equipment running 100% of allowed time.
• Assists with changeovers on assembly cells and related equipment.
Required Skills and Experience
• Minimum 5 years manufacturing/operations experience with minimum 2 years of experience in a leadership role.
• Experience in operational improvements using Lean methods and techniques.
• Must have thorough knowledge of general office procedures including PC and LAN use. Must be proficient in relevant computer software and program use.
• Experienced in Lean Implementation (standardized work), 5S, value stream mapping, A3 Method, etc.
• Experience in Material Flow Design in a Tier One automotive environment.
• Highly knowledgeable in Robotics (Fanuc), PLC (Allen Bradley) and electrical.
• Fork lift/Tugger license an asset.
Equipment and Product Familiarity
Standard office equipment (computer, telephone, copier, etc.), Fork lift/Tugger equipment, label printers, scanners, communication devices. Fanuc Robotics, Allen Bradley PLC’s, MFDC weld controllers (Bosch), MIG & Spot welding, Adhesive dispensing systems (Nordson), electrical, mechanical, pneumatics, conveyors, vision systems, etc. Microsoft Office Suite.