Top Gun is working with a manufacturing client looking for an HR Business Partner within the Jeffersontown/Louisville, KY area. This candidate will have outstanding communication skills as well as fantastic organizational and conflict management skills. You will have an excellent ability to multitask and adapt in a fast-paced environment assisting the HR Manager with employee relations, payroll and benefit information, onboarding and training. Top candidates will be comfortable in a Union environment.
HR BP Responsibilities:
- Assist employees in utilizing ADP, maintain ADP HRIS system (HRB, Payroll & E-Time).
- Participate in continuous improvement programs and provide support to team efforts.
- Process all new hires and perform orientations and update records of new staff.
- Manage the organization’s employee database and prepare reports.
- Produce and submit reports on general HR activity.
- Keep up-to-date with the latest HR trends and best practices.
- Investigates employee relation issues such as employee complaints, harassment allegations and civil rights complaints and prepared report of findings.
- Process all employee terminations, including handling PTO payouts, to close out benefits successfully.
- Track and manage leaves of absence including tracking FMLA time and processing disability forms and notifying carrier of return to work dates.
- Enrolling/terming all temporary employees in E-Time, issuing badges and processing of monthly invoices.
HR BP Requirements:
- Bachelors degree in human resources or related (essential).
- 5+ years of experience in an HR specific role.
- Deep understanding of Labor Law and employment equity regulations.
- Efficient HR administration and people management skills.
- Comfortable working with ADP.
- Works comfortably under pressure and meets tight deadlines.
- Superb computer literacy with capability in email, MS Office and related HR software.
- Remarkable organizational and conflict management skills.
- Strong decision-making and problem-solving skills.