The main missions of the role are:
- Lead/Assist technical reviews with customers on device development and engineering change requests.
- Develop and execute test plans based on internal and external requirements.
- Review and provide effort estimates on accomplishing validation tasks. Identify the number of validation resources necessary to complete the program validation, and provide direction on completing these tasks to other validation engineers.
- Issue tracking: update internal teams and customers on progress and resolution.
- Maintain customer defined documents for testing and validation status.
- Capture vehicle and/or module data during validation using standard or customer specific tools.
- Perform preliminary issue analysis and evidence gathering to be passed on to development teams worldwide for final resolution.
- Create tools, scripts, processes, and utilities to assist in testing, debugging, updating, and resolving issues.
- Perform occasional in and out-of-town testing (e.g., in-vehicle performance testing)
- Be an excellent communicator both verbal and written.
- Work with a global engineering team on the development and validation of automotive products.
- Occasionally mentor other engineers, and interns
- Travel to customer engineering centers and minimal travel to customer plants and overseas for training.
The ideal candidate will have/be:
Minimum education level:
- Bachelor’s degree in an electrical or software engineering discipline.
- Consistent participation in on-going career development education, either through advanced degree programs or certification programs
- 5+ years of experience in testing and validating both hardware and software systems.
- 5+ years of experience in automotive systems engineering.
- Experience using CAN tools – CANalyzer, CANoe, and other related tools.
- Experience with QA Test Tools, automation, and typical Hardware and Software Development Lifecycles.
- Experience with oscilloscopes, multimeters, soldering onto printed circuit boards, and wiring harnesses is a strong plus.
- Experience with HIL/SIL test strategies and implementations.
Skills and competencies:
- Ability to write software validation tools in C/C++/JAVA a strong plus.
- Familiarity with automotive safety requirements (ASIL, SOTIF, ISO 26262, etc.)
- Familiarity with In-Vehicle communication bus protocols (CAN, Ethernet, LVDS, etc.)
- Excellent skills in the decomposition of business and customer requirements into functional test specifications, validation documentation, and test plans; creation of support documentation.
- Familiar with state-of-the-art techniques for the validation of embedded systems.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment testing automotive products
- Ability to propose and support inspect-and-adapt processes for improving team performance, reducing cost of ownership for products, or shortening time-to-value
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Manage complexity, Drives results, Collaborates with others.