Under the direction of the Quality Manager, manages customers and suppliers through the new product launch process and evaluates, completes and submits customer required documentation. Provides guidance and direction to Quality Technicians.
A member of our cross functional teams and when needed a leader to accomplish team goals while working within the established processes. Be the first responder to supplier and customer concerns and any potential risk to our products or deliveries to customers. Manage the risk through containment, short term countermeasures and other Quality core tools.
Reasons you will love working here:
- Learning and Development Opportunities
- Work Life-Balance
- Growth Opportunities with tuition reimbursement programs, upward mobility and much more
- Ensure product and process compliance to customer and TS 16949 requirements.
- Assist in ensuring effective containment actions are in place to protect customers when a quality issue is identified.
- Serve as focal point of contact for internal and external customers either directly or through the Customer Liaison.
- Performs basic research and design for quality processes and controls.
- Work in conjunction with engineering; coordinate the PPAP (Product Part Approval Process) for new programs, program moves, engineering changes and process improvements.
- Knowledge of standard quality practices, ex. FMEA’s, SPC, DOE, etc.
- Quality Engineer Certification (CQE) by American Society of Metals (ASQ) preferred. Six Sigma Black belt or Greenbelt certification preferred. Must agree to additional training to industry specific skillsets including but not limited to CQE, Core tools, statistics, and problem solving.
- Automotive Manufacturing (5 years preferred)
- Bachelors degree in Engineering
- Familiar with GD&T.
- Solid working knowledge of PPAP processes.
- Ability to work in fast pace team environment.
Apply today to be a part of a winning team!