Logistics Assistant Job Description Template
We are looking for an experienced logistics assistant to manage all aspects of logistics throughout our supply chain. The logistics assistant will be responsible for developing, managing and continuously improving the supplier base for groups and divisions. Must be able to collaborate with other divisions and coordinate supply bases. Responsible for negotiating with supplier base and contract issues.
A successful logistics assistant should be able to ensure efficient and cost-effective supply chain operations. You should also be able to promptly resolve distribution issues and have strong negotiation skills.
Logistics Assistant Responsibilities:
- Overseeing all supply chain operations.
- Organizing and managing inventory, storage, and transportation.
- Analyzing and optimizing logistical procedures.
- Reviewing, preparing, and routing purchase orders.
- Ensuring the safe and timely pick-up and delivery of shipments.
- Monitoring shipments, costs, timelines, and productivity.
- Sources and negotiates procurement with material handling, planning, scheduling and releasing functions for commodities.
- Maintains inventory records such as quantity, type and value of materials, equipment and supplies.
- Addressing and resolving shipment and inventory issues.
- Liaising and negotiating with suppliers and retailers.
- Answering customer queries.
Logistics Coordinator Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in business administration, logistics or related field preferred.
- 3-7 years of experience in Logistics, Purchasing, and or Supply chain
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and logistics software.
- Good management and organizational skills.
- Knowledge of procurement principles
- Experienced in sourcing products or services from multiple suppliers and managing vendor relationships
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Must be willing to travel to Korea for training – Must have an updated passport.
- Preferred bilingual (English and Korean)