Production Manager Job Description Template
We are looking for a highly organized production manager to create production schedules, oversee production processes and ensure that the required materials are selected and purchased. Production Managers are also responsible for ensuring that equipment is functioning correctly and that health and safety protocols are adhered to.
To be successful as a production manager you must be able to multitask and oversee several operations at a time. A good production manager has excellent time management and interpersonal skills.
Production Manager Responsibilities:
- Creating a production schedule.
- Managing completion of on time production goals and minimizing downtime.
- Manage production metrics identifying areas for improvement and providing improvement strategies.
- Collaborate with multiple departments to resolve production issues, improvement processes, and additional support needed
- Manage and drive root cause analysis reports and develop a corrective action plan.
- Training new employees.
- Scheduling regular maintenance for equipment.
- Discussing budget expectations with clients.
- Purchasing the required materials.
- Ensuring that health and safety protocols are adhered to.
- Supports Continuous Improvement with safety, environment, quality, cost and quality service.
Production Manager Requirements:
- A Bachelors degree in Engineering or proven experience as a Production Manager would be advantageous.
- Strong knowledge of Manufacturing processes, production planning and quality control.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to solve problems quickly and efficiently.
- Experienced in organizing manufacturing processes and production plans for new factory.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experienced with ISO 14001/9001 requirements.
- 10+ years experience working in a manufacturing setting.