op Gun Staffing is working with a manufacturer in the Greater Livingston County area to fill a fulltime Direct Hire Maintenance Manager position.
This is paying $115,000 – $130,000 depending on experience and skill level.
The Maintenance Manager is responsible for the coordination and assignment of all Divisional activities related to maintenance and facility operations and ensuring that all timing schedules and trades regulations are adhered to. The Maintenance Department Supervisor supports Leadership and Maintenance personnel by acting as liaison in matters regarding policy application, employee relations, and continuous improvement for processes and productivity. This position carries direct and/or indirect leadership responsibility.
Essential Accountabilities: The position incumbent ensures, that
• Confer with management, engineering, and quality control personnel to resolve maintenance problems and recommend measures to improve operations and conditions of machines and equipment.
• Coordinate activities of workers fabricating or modifying machines, tools, or equipment to manufacture new products or improve existing products.
• Develop preventive maintenance program in conjunction with engineering and maintenance staff.
• Direct maintenance activities on utility systems to provide continuous supply of heat, steam, electric power, gas, or air required for operations.
• Direct training and indoctrination of workers to improve work performance and acquaint workers with company policies and procedures.
• Inspects operating machines and equipment for conformance with operational standards.
• Maintain and communicate monthly EOS charts.
• Plan, develop, and implement new methods and procedures designed to improve operations, minimize operating costs, and effect greater utilization of labor and materials.
• Prepare department budget and monitor expenditure of funds in budget.
• Requisition tools, equipment, and supplies required for operations.
• Review job orders to determine work priorities.
• Review new product plans and discuss equipment needs and modifications with design engineers.
• Review production, quality control, and maintenance reports and statistics to plan and modify maintenance activities.
• Overall responsibility for the spare parts crib/inventory
• Schedule repair, maintenance, and installation of machines, tools, and equipment to ensure continuous production operations.
Key Responsibilities (cont.)
• Quality issues or concerns within their area of responsibility are dealt with by actively applying root cause analysis, in an effective manner.
• Participates in the design and/or redesign of new or used equipment.
• Follows the breakdown escalation process
• Participates in the development of the company’s goals and objectives to support the annual business plan.
• Supports preparation of the budget planning process and takes responsibility to meet the financial targets.
Professional Background / Basic Qualification / Work Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) in field or closely related field or equivalent experience.
• Minimum 10 years in a fast paced, high volume manufacturing environment & in a maintenance capacity.
• Minimum seven years’ experience in supervising maintenance personnel.
• Minimum five years’ experience working for a manufacturing supplier preferably automotive.
• Minimum five years’ experience in managing outside vendors/services.
• Strong skills in electrical, mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic, PLC, root cause analysis, computer skills, ability to effectively communicate both oral & written
• Ability to travel domestically by car or plane.
• To perform this job successfully, an individual should be proficient in Microsoft Office