Top Gun Staffing is looking for a talented manufacturing engineer to oversee and optimize manufacturing processes for an Automotive Industry Manufacturer. The manufacturing engineer’s responsibilities include identifying areas for improvement, maintaining high levels of manufacturing and product quality, designing new processes, as well as ensuring cost-efficiency and conformance with regulatory standards.
To be successful as a manufacturing engineer you should be able to work effectively within a team and have a high level of technical expertise. An outstanding manufacturing engineer should be able to develop and optimize manufacturing processes for maximum efficiency, cost-effectiveness, and quality.
• Bachelors Degree in Engineering or Technical Field, Graduate Degree Preferred.
• Experience with Engineering in manufacturing
• Three (3) to five (5) years of manufacturing, MRP/ERP system build, implementation, and support experience (automotive industry preferred).
• Highly proficient with Microsoft Office suite (Excel, Word, Access PowerPoint, Outlook and Visio).
• Excellent time management and work organizational (prioritization) skills.
• Excellent analytical and problem solving skills to resolve new and unique problems.
• Developing, evaluating, improving and documenting manufacturing processes.
• Developing and implementing process control techniques and procedures into manufacturing environments.
• Analyzing manufacturing process flows continually for the enhancement of quality, cost reduction and throughput.
• Collaborating with configuration control and design engineering regarding product tooling and design to ensure effectual production methods.
• Conferring with vendors in determining product specifications and arranging equipment, parts, material purchase, and evaluating products accordingly to quality standards and specifications.
• Estimating staffing requirements, production times, and relative costs to provide data for operational decisions.
• Working closely with manufacturing department to develop, coordinate, and implement technical training for employees.
• Designing and developing manufacturing processes for enhancements, product changes, and new products, and related fixtures and tooling that are consistent with zero defect level and low product cost.
• Providing engineering support in production department to trouble shoot and resolve technical problems.