To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily on a daily basis. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions Key Responsibilities
JOB FUNCTIONS: Responsibility:
• Develops and analyzes lists of raw materials, purchase parts, to support the daily operation of the foam department.
• Schedule and direct orders concerning the size and quantities of material needed for foam plant operations.
• Coordinate and schedule deliveries of all raw materials and chemicals needed for production
• Cycle counts schedule to support accurate inventory management of foam components and chemicals needed for daily operations.
• Review daily releases (866 data) and input into inventory file for production scheduling.
• Inventory and maintain inventories of finish goods, components, and chemicals needed to adequately support scheduled production.
• Review finish goods, raw component, and chemical inventories with operations manager daily or as defined by operations manager.
• Scheduling foam production tool changes to meet the customers daily & weekly requirements, service department requirements, and any protype or trial parts needed for internal or external customers.
• Responsible for analyzing Ford releases for capacity constraints, product mix and volume.
• Load EDI releases from customer, develop master schedule, run MRP, create vendor releases, transmit vendor releases via EDI & fax, help update and maintain part numbers and file maintenance fields.
• Communicate with foam suppliers to ensure releases received and product availability is not an issue.
• Schedule and coordinate all shipments from all component and chemical suppliers
• Required to initiate whatever corrective action is necessary to resolve issues including adjusting releases prior to MRP.
• Keeps work area neat. Works on related continuous improvement projects.
• Administer and ensure compliance with the Quality, Environmental, and Material Management System requirements as outlined in the policy manuals.
• Displays a positive attitude towards safety, works safely, follows all company policies and reports all unsafe and unhealthy conditions.
• Reports all accidents and injuries in a timely manner.
• Complies with all Health, Safety and Environmental standards in accordance with the Magna Employee Charter and the Occupational Health & Safety Act.
• Provide direction to the foam material handler in the absence of a materials supervisor.
• Perform related duties and special projects as required
• Ability to work extended hours as business needs Key
• A four-year degree or the equivalent combination of education and work experience.
• A minimum of 7 years’ experience in material planning, scheduling, inventory control, and MRPII/ERP operating systems is required. Specific Skills:
• Solid decision-making skills
• Negotiating skills
• Proficient with MS Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access
• Organizational skills for efficient office control are mandatory
• Ability to use standard office equipment.
• Cycle counts
Strong verbal and written skill required. Must have high level of interpersonal skills to effectively communicate and present information to suppliers, management, and employees.
Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that you get along with customers, clients, co-workers and management. Physical Requirements: Must be able to interface with all departments. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to handle, manipulate, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; talk and hear. The employee must occasionally lift and or move up to 52 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Additional Information Authority: Review and approve material list for conformance to company standard practice concerning parts and material used. Supervise all associated paperwork involved in scheduling of foam production including tool change sheets and line display Publish tool change schedule and production requirements and current inventory levels after review with operations manager.