· Liaises with sales division to determine customer requirements
· Approves materials, costs, manufacturing equipment, and the size of workforce needs to manufacture goods
· Develops a production schedule detailing all tasks and when they should be completed by to meet predicted completion date
· Liaises with customers, suppliers, the human resources department, and maintenance employees to ensure all workers, materials, and machinery will be available when required
· Monitors project’s progress to ensure it’s following the schedule
· Troubleshoots problems that occur during production, including staff shortages, information system malfunction and machinery maintenance
· Organizes project paperwork, including purchase orders, and maintains records
· Monitors production and raw material costs
· Collects and assesses data about the production and team’s performance
· Prepares reports about production processes for upper management and suggests ways to improve efficiency
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
· Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain, Supply Chain Management, Engineering, or a related field OR equivalent experience and evidence of exceptional ability.
· Expert of ERP systems and Microsoft Office products; strong computer skills.
· Minimum of 2 years previous planning/purchasing experience
· Strong decision-making and problem-solving skills
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to prioritize tasks and meet strict deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills, including good customer service/phone skills and flexibility for handling a wide range of activities.
- ERP systems certification is a Plus
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS OF THE POSITION
1. Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus
2. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to handle, manipulate, or feel objects, tools or controls, reach with hands and arms, climb stairs, talk and hear
3. Employee must occasionally lift or move up to 50 pounds
4. While performing the duties of the job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time
5. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
6. The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences
7. The ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking so other will understand
8. The ability to concentrate on a task over a period of time without being distracted