The Launch Engineer oversees and coordinates all internal requirements for the launch of new and modified products and is responsible for managing all aspects of a project over its entire life cycle.
The responsibilities include
- Initiating, planning, executing, monitoring, controlling, and closing, whilst leading the plant in bringing new products and modified products to manufacturing.
- The Launch Engineer acts as the key plant interface with the sales account managers, engineering, product design, and production for programs facilitated by an assigned Program Manager.
- Act as project leader in the program management and APQP process
- The role will include project scheduling, tool build, equipment and facility build, and sample production.
- The position acts as the key interface between the various functional areas within the facility to drive on-time and on-budget project launches.
- The position requires management of the program budget, working with the other plant based program managers in the communication of issues, working closely with the sales, engineering and product development team, and supporting purchasing in the research of materials, tooling and equipment that are the most cost effective.
- Engineering Degree and at least 5 years experience in product development, or production processing of metal components is required with an additional 2 years experience in charge of product or tooling development.
- Automotive experience is strongly preferred.
- Extensive knowledge of CAD software (AutoCAD, Solidworks, Catia, UG)