- Seeking individual who can maintain quality system for plastic injection molding processes for automotive components.
- In support of the design, development, and manufacturer of injection molded products the Quality Engineer shall:
Investigate exceptions and deviations and root cause analysis.
- Recommend process improvements to management.
- Develop inspection techniques and protocols.
- Develop and implement protocols for validating new and modified manufacturing equipment and manufacturing processes.
- Validate qualification of new products and processes
- Maintain Production Part Approval Process (PPAP) in a TS16949 environment
You’ll never be bored, because there will always be a new challenge to take on and new projects to tackle!
Enjoy competitive pay, a comprehensive benefits package, and a management team that believes in letting their employees work independently.
Responsibilities and Requirements:
- Post-secondary graduate with a degree/diploma in Quality Engineering and/or a technical degree or equivalent work-related experience in the Quality field.
- At least 3 years in an automotive manufacturing environment with knowledge in Plastics Injection Molding and assembly processes.
- Prior experience implementing IATF 16949 procedures, APQP, PPAP submissions, GD&T, Flow Diagrams, FMEA’s , Control Plans, Statistics, Fixture Development and independent work with tooling subcontractors.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct root cause analysis using various problem-solving techniques including Drill Deep, 8D, 5 Phase.
- Ability to manage multiple projects.
- Strong communication skills.
- Experience with software such as CAD, Solidworks, PolyWorks, MasterCAM, or similar.
- 5 years minimum in a manufacturing environment, automotive preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related field.
- Experienced with CMM, GD&T, 8D, control plans, PFMEA, PPAP, APQP, TS16949, ISO 9001, and ISO 14001
- Practical knowledge of OSHA and 5S standards.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $75,000.00 – $90,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: One location