Quality Engineer will represent the company’s interests for quality assurance topics in customer development project and/or quality management with the customer as well as having focus on Quality Management Systems and Audits.
Quality Engineer can be a part of the project development team and support System & Software Project Quality with the selection/tailoring of the project specific quality processes, the quality planning and the communication of quality-relevant topics to customers and suppliers.
The Quality Engineer will report status of quality deliverables and build/manage internal and external customer relationships. Quality Engineer can be involved in supporting Quality Management Systems by driving the Divisional Directives and management of internal and eternal IATF audits as well as conducting special audits or assessments across the organization.
Being organizationally independent, will provide an objective and fact based evaluation of the product maturity, the quality status (4-eye principle) to support the Project and Customer in the identification, visualization, and communication of risks and opportunities, and problem resolution with the goal of customer satisfaction through Quality Assurance.
- Lead in determination of the product quality assurance strategy within development projects.
- Drive the use of correct quality methods and processes within product development.
- Conduct independent evaluations of product and process development towards final product maturity for project reporting.
- Identify and manage quality risks before they become issues with support of cross-functional teams.
- Participate as key member of product development team to ensure overall success of the product launch and production
- Attend customer and internal program meetings, report status of quality deliverables and escalate as necessary
- BS in Engineering or equivalent.
- 1+ years of experience in project management (project planning and tracking, risk management).
- Experience with IATF audits and management of Quality Management Systems (QMS)
- BSME or BSEE or degree in Software design / Computer Science.
- Strong communication, negotiation and team moderation skills and ability to manage time and workload constraints.
- Good understanding of QA methodologies, tools and processes.
- Metal Forming
- Knowledge in application of quality methods and problem solving tools (8D, Six Sigma, FMEA, FTA, DRBFM, 3×5 Why’s, Ishikawa).
- Certified IATF / VDA auditor
1st Shift role!