The Senior Electrical Engineer is responsible for design, development and testing of electrical hardware based on the electrical architecture and the electrical requirements within a project.
- Development of core and/or application specific electrical requirements for automotive electronics.
- Develop electrical hardware in compliance with Global Product Engineering Process (GPEP).
- Verify electrical requirements at component and bench level testing.
- Support rest of the functional disciplines with all aspects related to electrical hardware.
- Perform complex work assignments requiring independent problem solving and decision making, requiring strong electrical technical competency.
- Work assignments primarily involve senior/advanced level work and may mentor other electrical engineers.
- Lead planning, scheduling, monitoring and reporting of all electrical related activities for various projects.
- Coordination of integration of core electrical components into an application specific electrical design.
- Competency and mastery of the field.
- Work assignments primarily involve entry level or intermediate work.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or related field.
- 5+ years’ relevant experience in the design of automotive electronics.
- Knowledge in electrical design, development and testing of automotive electronics.
- Comprehensive knowledge of analogue, digital, power, memory, integrated circuits and microcontroller hardware design and implementation techniques.
- Knowledge in electrical circuit test and troubleshooting methods.
- Experience with Schematic/PCD Design Tool
- C and C++ experience
- Knowledge in electrical product development process.
- Experience with customer interface for all electrical related activities.
- Working knowledge in structured engineering approach.
- Working knowledge in development of reusable electrical hardware in automotive environment.
- Troubleshooting and debugging skills.
- Knowledge of structured problem solving (8D) methods and/or techniques.
- Knowledge of electrical design, simulation and testing techniques.
- Key Customer Specific Requirements (CSR) – as applicable
- Review CSR via SharePoint
- Knowledge of MS Office package
- Knowledge of Electrical Engineering tools