Serial Life Buyer
Job Type: Permanent/Direct Hire
Goal: Develop and implement commodity strategies for longevity.
- Develop and implement commodity strategies
- Improve Quality Cost and Delivery (QCD) performance.
- Be involved in the supplier selection and kick off in program phase to prepare the start of Production
- Source and implement new suppliers and assist with removing costly or inferior suppliers.
- In coordination with Operational Purchasing, develop and execute divisional cost savings initiatives & risk mitigation strategies on existing business to achieve annual savings budgets
- Utilize a total cost approach to optimizing piece prices for new and existing business in the assigned commodities.
- Able to construct complex excel models for estimating and simulating any business issue
- Manage and build the relationship with each supplier. Develop and maintain a responsive and cooperative working relationship with internal and external customers
- Monitor all relevant suppliers and parts information and ensure proper ordering, invoicing & cost control
- Work in a cross functional team in support of the assigned commodities.
- Keep senior management informed of critical issues through clear and concise communications
- Drive the development of new technologies to improve quality, efficiency and reduce cost.
- Comply with safety policies and procedures to ensure duties of self are performed in a safe manner.
- Treat everyone with dignity, trust and respect.
- All other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the company.
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelor’s Degree in manufacturing or supply chain management
- Automotive/Manufacturing: 5 years
- Purchasing: 5 years
- Plastics/Interiors: 5 years
- SAP: 5 years
- Serial Life: 5 years
What you must have:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, supply chain or business
- Minimum 3 years’ experience as a Buyer in an industrial manufacturing environment-prefer automotive
- Experience in SAP a must
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Referral program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Hybrid opportunity