Manages all aspects of the Production Engineering Department, including new product design and maintenance of current products.
1. Safety First – Obey the plant’s safety rules and procedures by wearing PPE at all times and immediately addressing all safety concerns. Promotes an environment where zero injuries are the expected standard. The Engineering department will have a recordable goal of zero incidents per year. As a member of the management team, the Engineering Manager will receive notice of all incidents. The Manager is also required to attend monthly safety review meetings.
2. Responsible for Tooling & Cad, Engineers, as well as support personnel.
3. Responsible for all aspects of engineering for prototypes, preproduction, production on all programs, as outlined by management.
4. Award tooling programs and maintain cost containment.
5. Review, evaluate and approve all designs and concepts of production tooling, check fixtures and assembly equipment for both new tooling & engineering changes.
6. Communicate to Customer, Production, Quality, Purchasing and Management all program concerns.
7. Actively implement and track all customer changes and cost reductions.
8. Administrate process flow charts & F.M.E.A. capabilities.
9. Maintain APQP Program & filing system to support QS9001 System, as well as ISO 14001.
10. Perform other duties as required.
11. Follows and supports operating procedures
a. Abiding by all policies and procedures
b. Open Door Policy – Solves issues with two-way, open and friendly communication at the lowest level.
c. 5S – Maintains and promotes good housekeeping by following the philosophy “Everything has a place. Everything in its place”.
d. Company quality and environmental policies.
12. Supports efforts to achieve department and plant goals on Employee Opinion Survey.
May manage salaried engineers and hourly support personnel.
Education and/or Experience:
• High school diploma or GED and Bachelor’s degree in Tooling Design or 10 years related job experience.
• Must have CAD experience.
• Certificate of completion of SPC and APQP training.
• Certificate of completion of Control Plan, F.M.E.A. training or related experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to prepare, read, write and interpret reports, instructions, and procedures.
• Able to clearly and effectively respond to questions from management and customers.
• Computer skills required.
• Must have good organizational skills.
• Must exhibit high integrity and honesty.
• Ability to read, write, analyze, and interpret technical procedures, blueprints, diagrams, requirements and business correspondence.
• Ability to effectively and appropriately present information and respond to questions for various groups.