A top tier client of Top Gun Staffing is seeking a top notch Commodity Buyer!
Responsibilities for commodity buyer
- Provide support and guidance to Materials Planners in executing their job responsibilities and improving their purchasing skills
- Strategic sourcing for Commodity Electromechanics
- Presentation of research, decisions, , as required, to next-level or executive management
- Lead the qualification & development of new suppliers and the exit of outgoing suppliers
- Become expert in your defined space, able to understand and communicate micro and macroeconomic influences and develop strategies to either mitigate or benefit.
- Able to fully understand and communicate the complete cost structure of each supplier, including capital investment & its amortization, utilization rates, spare capacity, incoming raw material, etc.
- This position will also require some travel, globally or regionally depending on assigned supply base
- Be responsible for the designated commodities, to support the company growth and profitability, with right supply base of the right cost, quality, technology and service
- Support New Projects launches as needed
- Support to develop Commodity Strategies and ensure the implementation of the approved Strategies
- Support to develop New Suppliers to support new initiatives and continuous improvement
- Lead or support annual price/contract negotiations
Qualifications for commodity buyer
- Cost reduction on materials and related cost structures to ensure contribution to P&L (in line with BU SF SPL)
- Progress on market studies, saving, contract management, business review
- Excellent organizational skills in order to establish priorities and set goals
- Bachelor’s degree in manufacturing, engineering, business, or related discipline
- 5-10 years’ progressive experience in Purchasing field preferably in an automotive manufacturing environment
- Previous Lighting commodity experience including but not limited to electronics, wire harnesses, resin, injection molding, fasteners, assemblies
- Must be very familiar with IATF 16949 and ISO 14001 standards
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally, approximately 20% of the time