A top tier client of Top Gun Staffing is seeking a top Software Engineer! The expectations of the prospective candidate will be the design, development, testing, implementation, and support of applications and related integrations. In this role, the ideal candidate will engage in iterative development and testing.
What You’ll Do:
- Act in the capacity of a software engineer to actively participate in the definition, design, development, testing and implementation of software functionality.
- Develop in-depth knowledge of several business processes and systems environment
- Create or modify complex programs, modules, routines, scripts and data objects from a detailed design where efficiency, performance and reliability are critical
- Analyzes products and formulates engineering conclusions by the application of engineering and/or mathematical principles and tools.
- Work with and advise senior engineering personal on how best to implement desired features and enhancements
- Ensure that technical solutions follow best practices, are reliable, are easily maintainable and are scalable.
- Collaborate to identify, isolate and resolve malfunctions
- Operate in compliance with IT standards, policies, procedures, and best practices
What You’ll Need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical/Computer Engineering
- 5+ years of automotive manufacturing experience in product design, analysis, testing and supervision
- Working knowledge of electrical hardware and electrical circuit theory as it relates to embedded controls for electro-optical systems
- Ability to apply academic and other engineering principles in the development of automotive components and utilize math-based tools
- Understanding of standard software processes and industry requirements
- Experience with PCB layout software preferred
- Prior exposure to Automotive OEM specifications/standards an asset
- Prior exposure to Automotive Lighting specifications/standards an asset
- Microprocessor programming an asset