Top Gun staffing is seeking a Project Engineer/Project Manager for a premier client!! Candidates will have the opportunity to work on historic infrastructure changes, and work with leading Engineers in their field.
- Projects will include transportation planning studies, traffic impact analysis, traffic signal design, parking studies, roadway design, intersection traffic control design, and construction administration of various transportation projects for public and private sector clients.
- Supporting business development activities including preparing proposals, meeting and developing clients, engagement in professional organizations, and preparing and delivering presentations
- Traffic analysis and modeling (macro and microscopic modeling)
- Transportation planning, safety engineering, corridor and parking studies
- Preparation of reports such as Traffic Impact & Parking Studies, Design Reports, Functional Design Reports, Design Exception Reports, etc
- Assisting with roadway and intersection design plan preparation, maintenance & protection of traffic, based on applicable design standards for various State, municipal, and private clients.
- Preparing contract documents, bid documents, technical specifications and quantity and cost estimates
- Performing site visits, signal inspections, and construction observation on an as-needed basis
- Presentations to regulatory, technical, and public audiences, including attending community meetings to support projects
- Oversee technical work of junior professional staff; Review work prepared by junior professional staff; mentor junior level staff in technical skills
- Minimum 5 years of experience in transportation and traffic engineering, including transportation planning, traffic impact study preparation and traffic signal design
- Professional registration as a Professional Engineer or the ability to obtain license within one year.
- Certification as a Professional Traffic Operations Engineer (PTOE) and/or Registered Safety Professional (RSP) considered advantageous
- Must have a working fluency with Synchro, SimTraffic, experience with VISSIM and Sidra are differentiators
- Previous project experience utilizing traffic analysis software and preparing traffic studies is required
- Traffic control signal design including the preparation of construction documents and facilitating regulatory approval experience
- Microsoft Office Suite experience is also required
- Must thrive in a fast-paced, multitasking environment, love challenges and details, be resourceful, and have great organizational and time management skill