Supports manufacturing operations in an automotive / stamping & robotic-laser and resistance welding environment.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Root Cause experience – Development of Weld Parameters
• Implement process improvements with regards to Resistance, GMAW and Laser welding systems using all available current welding technologies;
• Maintain welding systems to ensure manufacturing activities are in within specifications and interpret and apply specifications for manufacturability;
• Support maintenance activities in PM scheduling as well as training and developing maintenance technicians from a welding perspective;
• Collects, tracks, and advises on downtime and scrap issues and implements short and long-term solutions to minimize downtime;
• Manage and execute in-house projects for implementing new engineering changes that modify assembly processes;
• Liaise with vendors regarding software / hardware updates and troubleshooting systems;
• Completes other necessary duties as deemed appropriate and necessary.
Education & Experience:
• BS: Welding Engineering, Electrical Technology, or other technical discipline plus 3 years experience in a welding/robotic environment;
• -or- AS: Welding Technology plus 5 years welding experience in a welding/robotics environment;
• -or- 7+ years experience and training in a similar role and environment. Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Full scope of knowledge in resistance, GMAW and Laser welding systems;
• Common programming knowledge of robotics and Weld controls for welding mild steel, aluminum, hybrid and organic coated materials;
• High skill set of Laser welding technology as well as resistance;
• Strong proficiency with weld control systems (Bosch DC Mid-Freq Inverters. Servo weld gun technology. Kuka Robotics. Laser power sources)
• Strong familiarity with projection nut and stud welding.
• Ability to work in a team-based lean-manufacturing environment
document validate the scrap rate of the welding and joining processes, and created training documents for maintenance personnel dealing with laser and self-piercing rivet equipment and production personnel for visual weld inspection