Our Innovative and growing company (Top Gun Staffing Inc) is hiring for a Weld Technician.
Thank you in advance for looking at the list of responsibilities and qualifications. We look forward to reviewing your resume.
Job Summary: Install, program, troubleshoot, and repair robots and related equipment by applying knowledge and utilizing tools and resources. Must have automotive manufacturing experience.
Required Education and Experience:
- Associate’s degree in Robotics Technology or equivalent from two year college or technical school or Robotic Weld Technician Journeyman card and two to four years of related experience/training in automotive manufacturing, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Computer proficiency, including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- PLC and robotic programming knowledge and ability
- Ladder logic, electrical, pneumatics, hydraulics, and troubleshooting knowledge
- Must have a good knowledge of the English language
- Excellent teamwork, communication, time management, decision making, problem solving, and organizational skills
- Must be able to work independently and in a team, prioritize, and multi-task
- Knowledge of Customer Specific Requirements
- Knowledge of ISO 9001/IATF 16949
- Review work order and related manuals, blueprints, and schematic diagrams to determine tasks to be performed and tools, equipment, and parts needed for installation of repair assignment
- Inspect installation site to verify that electrical supply wires, conduit, switches and circuit breakers are installed according to specifications. Follows all manufacturers’ specification in new installations of robots and safety cages
- Position and secure robot and related equipment to floor with assistance from maintenance staff using crane, hand, and power tools, and following manuals and blueprints, and inspects installation site to ensure that robot has been installed according to specifications
- Attach electrical wires to robot controller and programmable controller and connect cables between robot, robot controller, programmable controller, and hydraulic power unit
- Connect hoses between hydraulic power unit and robot as required by manufacturer installation instructions
- Verifies that electrical power is reaching robot and that voltage is as specified using testing instruments
- Perform startup sequence for robot and related equipment to verify that operation is as specified
- Program robot to perform specific tasks, applying knowledge of programming language and PLC’s, using teach pendant and keyboard or control panel or robot controller
- Modify program to refine movement and efficiency of robot, using teach pendant
- Perform troubleshooting analysis of robot and related equipment to detect malfunction, and repairs or replaces defective parts as needed
- Test electrical components such as wiring, switches, and relays, and replace faulty components as necessary
- Locate and replace faulty printed circuit boards in robot controller by applying knowledge of circuit board function, schematic diagrams, and manufacturer’s instructions and specifications
- Perform verification and testing of robot repair operation, work completed, and release robot back to production
- Perform weld adjustments
- Any other duties or responsibilities assigned by the Maintenance Manager
- Abide by all Company policies including, but not limited to the following: Health and Safety, Quality and Environmental Systems, Human Resources policies, and the Employee Handbook
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situation where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- 100% Plant Floor (PPE Required)