The Program Manager is responsible for the management and reporting of all program and commercial issues for the assigned customer after business award. These include the management of new tool/equipment implementation, commercial negotiations, program financials, and providing direction for Program and Product Managers assigned to this customer.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Coordinates the efforts of the functional departments, as required, to ensure that the programs are conducted in accordance with the requirements of sales orders and budgets. Interfaces with customers on schedules, meetings, and problems. Keeps the customer informed on the program status. • Establish program timing and provide direction to program team to ensure program deliverables are met to internal and external customer expectations. • Assume all responsibilities of the Product Manager position, if one is not assigned to the program. • Work with finance to establish program funding. • Manage program open issues. • Assist in leading launch activities for assigned programs. • Work with finance team to establish and maintain financial models. • Work to ensure appropriate APQP activities are taking place. • Manage pricing and sales activities within ERP system. • Monitor customer feedback, market and technology trends and competitor activity to identify opportunities for customer and platform enhancement. • Utilize Open Issue Log. • Report platform status at monthly Senior Management Financial Reviews including performance to budget and variance justification of EBITDA, IRR, Cash Flow, Tooling, Capital, Launch and Engineering Change, and platform metrics. • Provide timely communication of program information to all team members. • Assist account managers in quote package reviews. • Promote synergy between program team and manufacturing facilities. • Resolve change related issues with supply base.
THE MUST HAVES
• A four year degree in Engineering, Business or other related field.
• Minimum of 2 years of Automotive related experience.
• Experience with managing financials.
• Must possess the ability to manage people and interface with the customers.
• Exposure to metal stamping and metal stamping assembly processes.
• Must possess good analytical abilities and leadership abilities.
• Actual Program Management Experience.
• Experience with APQP.
• Experience in engineering.
• Experience with feasibility studies