Top Gun Staffing has an exciting opportunity for a Welding Engineer with Tier 1 Automotive Manufacturer in Upstate, SC!!!
The Welding Engineer will support Automotive manufacturing operations in a Robotic-Laser, Resistance Welding, and Stamping environment.
- Implement process improvements for GMAW, Resistance, and Laser welding systems using current welding technologies
- Maintain welding systems to ensure manufacturing activities are in within specifications and interpret and apply specifications for manufacturability
- Support maintenance activities in PM scheduling as well as training and developing maintenance technicians in welding
- Collects, tracks, and advises on downtime and scrap issues and implements short and long-term solutions
- Implement new engineering changes that modify assembly processes
- Liaise with vendors for updates to systems
Education & Experience
- BS: Welding Engineering, or other technical discipline plus 3 years experience in Welding/Robotics
- AS: Welding Technology plus 5 years welding experience in Welding/Robotics
- 7+ years experience and training in a similar role and Industrial environment.
- Expertise and advanced knowledge in GMAW, Resistance, and Laser Welding systems;
- Programming knowledge of robotics and Weld controls for welding aluminum, mild steel, hybrid and organic coated materials;
- Advanced skill set of Laser welding technology/Resistance Welding Technology;
- Strong proficiency with Bosch Inverters, Kuka Robotics, Servo weld gun technology, and Laser power sources.
- Projection nut and Stud Welding.
- Ability to work in a team-based lean-manufacturing environment