Top Gun Staffing is Recruiting for a Sr. Avionics Engineer in Huntsville, AL .
As the Sr. Staff Avionics Engineer, you will be a technical leader possessing an expert understanding of commercial and military avionics systems, with the emphasis being on commercial avionics systems integration and FAA Certification. You will be responsible for leading engineering analysis and evaluation efforts of complex avionics/electrical systems, documenting design approaches, establishing design verification & validation, conducting detailed briefings to peers and customers, and developing plans to support fabrication, integration, and airworthiness testing.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a discipline relevant to the position or 10 years specific certification experience or 15 years avionics engineering experience. Experience credit considered for related advanced
- Ability to review and understand engineering certification plans and provide guidance for compliance demonstration.
- Strong background with Federal Aviation Certification Processes and understanding and application of 14 CFR part 21 and parts 23, 25, 27, and 29 regulations for Engineering Type Design change projects.
- Working knowledge of Phases of TC, post-TC and STC certification projects, and the associated FAA Orders and Policy; ODA Procedures Manual and key differences in process between different types of projects; Part 23, 25, 27, 29 regulations, how those regulations drive design and system redundancy requirements, and the supporting regulatory guidance material.
- Some understanding of EASA processes and CS 25 regulatory requirements is required
- Experience working on engineering design change projects (on the engineering side) is required.
- Previous experience working with a delegated organization (ODA, DAS, DOA) is preferred but not
- Understanding of conformity is desired.
- Must have strong organizational and planning skills and the ability to prioritize work