- Assembly Engineer
- Location: Trussville area
- Compensation: 80,000k
- Type: Direct Hire
- Shift: Monday – Friday, 6:30 AM until 2:30 PM
A reputable manufacturing company in the Trussville area is seeking an Assembly Engineer, and Top Gun Staffing is assisting in the search.
- Create and execute plant layout procedure that adheres to Lean Manufacturing principles, prioritizing efficient material handling including flow and storage needs. Keep all relevant drawings and documentation up-to-date.
- Help to implement and lead Continuous Improvement ideas for Assembly Department.
- Ulitize Industrial Engineering methods, Lean Manufacturing/TPS tools, and Six Sigma analysis.
- Internal Auditor for the Assembly TS16949/ISO9001 Audits.
- Evaluating “what if” changes to operational processes and product design.
- Participate in Six Sigma projects.
What we need from you:
- EDUCATION: High School Diploma or GED required
- B.S. degree in Engineering (preferred) 5-10 years’ experience
- B.S. degree in Industrial Engineering (preferred)
- Six Sigma Black Belt (preferred)
- Ability to achieve results using Industrial Engineering methods, Lean Manufacturing/TPS tools, and Six Sigma analysis.
- Understanding of production scheduling and inventory control.
- Proficient in AutoCAD 13 or higher.
- Basic understanding of 8D, FMEA, APQP and SPC.
- Automotive, or similar, Industrial Engineering experience with new program launches.
- Must have the ability to manage multiple priorities in support of management’s priorities and goals.
Solid Industrial Engineering skills, including Operations Research and time and motion study with a proven track record of multiple successful projects on a medium to large scale.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $70,000.00 – $80,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Manufacturing facility
Work Location: In person