The Manufacturing Engineer is responsible for developing solutions to production problems relating to materials, processes, and tooling. Performs engineering work related to planning, devising or adapting methods to improve manufacturing production. Examines equipment, processes, operations and assembly to determine time or quality revisions and suggests improvements. Uses independent judgment and exercises discretion in executing their duties.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Manufacturing Engineering preferred and/or equivalent combination of education, experience, and training that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Must have some CNC/Robotics experience.
- Must be comfortable standing for long periods of time.
- Prefer at least 1 yearof related work experience.
- Engineering-in-training certificate preferred.
- Good communication skills. (Verbal and Written)
- Ability to grasp modern technology concepts.
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects.
- Enthusiastic, cooperative, and positive behavior.
- Will review manufacturing processes for cost effectiveness and feasibility both before and after releases to manufacturing.
- Develop all engineering releases and changes relative to routing, setting standards, data entry and follow-up.
- Develop processes, methods, tooling, and production controls for new programs; supervise their assembly and proofing.
- Set up new equipment, ensure its satisfactory operation, and instruct others to use the new equipment properly.
- Write procedures for the operation of new or existing equipment.
- Conduct layouts, coordinate outside contractors and supervise all necessary construction of plant expansions or alterations.
- Perform or assist with equipment and material test studies.
- Estimate staff requirements, production times and relative costs to provide data for operational decisions.
- Work closely with manufacturing department to develop, coordinate and implement technical training for employees.
- Design and develop manufacturing process for enhancements, product changes and new products as well as related fixtures and tooling that are consistent with zero defect level and low product cost.
- Provide engineering support in production department to troubleshoot and resolve technical problems.
- Coordinate work with tool-room personnel, assigned technicians and outside vendors.
- Support company policies and procedures, goals and objectives.
- Will perform other duties as assigned.