Responsible to support all aspects of Casting from melting through final machining. Additionally, the Process Engineer will be responsible for new projects, capital improvements, and overall process improvement.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITION:
- Follow and enforce all plant safety rules and policies.
2) Utilize statistical methods (including DOE) to optimize casting process parameters to improve Net Casting Rate.
3) Collaborate with Tooling Engineer with the design of the runner and cooling system. Evaluate simulation results and casting trial results, implement counter-measures to optimize Net Casting Efficiency.
4) Sample die cast tooling both in plant and at external plants and suppliers.
5) Analyze scrap and determine reason or root cause of problem.
6) Perform cycle time analysis, determine bottleneck operation and implement counter-measures to improve Casting Rate
7) Document critical die cast process parameters – make accessible at point of use.
8) Control revision level of process parameters and equipment programs. Responsible to back-up equipment programs.
9) Document all die cast process changes and maintain change history.
10) SME: Furnaces, Die Cast Machine, Die spray system, Die Cast automation
11) Manage equipment suppliers. Manage timing and budget.
12) Review production process to measure compliance to the standard parameters.
13) Promote (5S)
14) Perform other duties as required.
15) Ability to work day shift (8-5) and some weekends as required.
Must have Automotive Experience Manufacturing
Must have Die casting experience
- Must possess good interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to communicate technical information to a non-technical audience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Team skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced work environment
- Flexibility to travel PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
This position mandates you to wear Personal Protective or Safety Equipment such as Safety Shoes, Glasses, Gloves, Hearing Protection, Hard Hats, & and that all jewelry will be removed while on production/ manufacturing floor. Daily, for short periods of time you could be working around extreme high temperatures (above 900 ° F/ 270C).
Some of the equipment and tools used are a computer, telephone, fax machine, copier/printer and tools required in Die Casting.
EDUCATION: High School Diploma or GED required; Bachelor of Science – Mechanical/Industrial Engineering or 5-10 years of related experience in high pressure casting in the automotive industry.
TECHNICAL TRAINING: Die Design, Runner & Cooling Design experience preferred, Catia and 3D CAD experience preferred, Minitab.
OTHER: Strong Computer and Microsoft Office Skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook), Lean Manufacturing background & Six Sigma preferred, Knowledge of PLCs, Robotic Programming, Root Cause Analysis, Statistical Problem Solving & DOE.