To assist the Quality Department Leader and Quality Engineer in ensuring customer quality requirements are met by identifying and providing input to resolve quality problems. The Quality Technician will support the needs of internal and external customers, ensuring customer satisfaction.
- Open Door Policy – Solves issues with two-way, open and friendly communication.
- 5S – Maintains and promotes good housekeeping by following the philosophy “Everything has a place. Everything in its place”.
- Safety First – Obey the plant’s safety rules and procedures by wearing PPE at all times and immediately addressing all safety concerns. Promotes an environment where zero injuries are the expected standard.
- Promote MAFACT benchmarks to achieve World Class Manufacturing.
- Core values – Treat all team members equally, fairly, with dignity and respect without favoritism in accordance with company values.
- Attend and participate in Team, Department, Plant-wide and any other meetings as required.
- Conduct all activities in a professional manner and positive attitude with an emphasis on personal responsibility.
- Contribute to Continuous improvement and cost reduction activities.
- Perform the First Layer of Control Plan Audit, Product Audits and LPA’s as required
- Investigate/Contain Supplier Component Issues including Supplier Alerts and QPF
- Perform receiving inspection per schedule and maintain records
- Perform Quality inspection requirements IE: Line Inspections/Post Pierce, etc
- Identify and troubleshoot internal quality issues including Writing Quality Notices and lead containment actions with the production teams
- Support the Quality Engineer, Area and Department Leader. IE: PPAP, Collect Data for Capabilities Studies and Gage R&R, Create/Update line documentation, ETC
- Support continues improvement and lean manufacturing processes and make/implement recommendations for system improvements
- Maintain open communication and provide continued support to Quality and other departments regarding any changes, problems, or special projects
- Train team members on quality requirements for existing processes and process improvements
- Perform other duties as required.
- Associates Degree – Quality Field
- Quality experience 2 years preferred in Industrial Manufacturing – Automotive a huge plus
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel preferred
- Minimum of 2 years experience in a manufacturing environment preferred
- Operate standard office equipment preferred
- Quality of Work
- Team Player