Supports the Maintenance, Production, and Quality areas with Technical expertise regarding the Laser trimming equipment and facilities. Keeps up to date with latest technologies related to job function. Creates, develops and delivers maintenance and training programs, including TPM systems.
***Must have resistance weld experience
***Must have experience with Bosch controllers or Kuka Robots.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Understand and comply with all OSHA, safety and PPE requirements
2. Understand and comply with all ISO and environmental requirements.
3. Health & Safety of self and collogues including outside contractors or support personnel.
4. Maintenance support during on-line troubleshooting and implementation of corrective actions including interface with laser controls.
5. Setup and programming new jobs in laser cutting cells.
6. Create, document, develop and deliver procedures to ensure the laser equipment meets all targets relating to Quality, Cost and Delivery.
7. Improve overall processes and related issues by taking a pro-active lead in the Continuous Improvement Activities.
8. Maintain current knowledge of laser industry technology and advances.
9. Other duties will include the Design, Installation and De-bug of Machinery and Capital equipment.
10. Support the Program management group in evaluation of new work and processes.
11. Support the Quality group in evaluation and improvement of product dimensional reports
12. Support team functions by:
- Kaizen submittal and implementation
- Cross-training with others
- Backfills other work stations as needed
- Problem solving
- Supports operational metrics and meets operational needs
- Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
1. Bachelor’s Degree in Electronic / Mechanical Engineering / Technical degree or equivalent work experience
2. At least 5 years job related experience
3. Can demonstrate work experience, ideally within a manufacturing environment
4. Automation and laser equipment expertise
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Proficient in AutoCAD
- Full understanding of Trumpf and Prima Laser cutting systems
- Ability to program Trumpf and Prima laser cutting paths.
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Strong people skills with a willingness to empower the team
- Effectively able to manage multiple priorities simultaneously
- Clear understanding of Lean Principals & Tools
- Working knowledge of MS Office
- Understanding of 3D coordinate systems relative to Body in White CMM reporting